Mail tracking is a procedure for keeping track of the email messages that are being delivered or sent to the respective recipient. This tool will let you know which emails have been opened and which haven’t been and for how many times within its pixel-based tracking system. It also tells you the time and date of each email message that you receive by tracking them through mail tracks incoming tracked email indicator.
However, in some cases, mail tracks cannot track some email messages of some users. This can occur to a small percentage of users and the main cause for this inaccuracy is that some users don’t show images within emails by default hence email track pixel is not opened. This issue affects mail track also any similar email tracking marketing tools or software as tracking will not be possible without images.
So for that small percentage of users who would want to disable email track from their Gmail as it is not convenient for them, the steps are mentioned below:
HOW TO REMOVE MAIL TRACK FROM GMAIL FROM DESKTOP:
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Look for mail track to your right of the address bar.
- Tap on the icon and choose “Remove from chrome”.
- If Mailtrack’s icon is not seen in chrome’s address bar, then it means it is hidden. Tap on the icon of the extension and again click the menu for mailtrack to get the option “Remove from chrome”.
- If both of the mailtrack icons or chrome’s address bar is hidden then tap more which will be in the right corner of the screen as 3 vertical dots in chrome.
- Select more tools> Extensions.
- Using the search option at the top of the screen, look for the mail track and then remove it by tapping on the remove option.
After all, the procedure is done mentioned above, close and re-open chrome again to complete the disable or uninstall process.
HOW TO REMOVE MAIL TRACK FROM GMAIL FOR ANDROID AND IOS USERS:
- Open Gmail account/ log in to Gmail and go to Gmail settings.
- Tap on the add-ons tab and scrutinize to see if mail track is listed.
- Click on “Manage”.
- A window of Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) Marketplace should open and through that, you can disable the mail track for the mobile add-on.
- After all the procedures done mentioned above, close and re-open the Gmail app on your mobile to complete the process of removing mail track from Gmail through android or ios.